Friday, December 07, 2001

This and That...

Mainak and I got shushed by the Library Police (tm) last night. Apparently, we got too excited over depreciation and other people couldn't study. We got a whole long lecture about being quiet from this undergrad. He obviously does not understand the joys of free cash flow or double-declining balance. The pity.

Mainak also told me that the answers I had gotten for the nonlinear curve fitting on the exam were correct. Which would be good news, if I hadn't doubted myself and gone and changed them to something less than correct. Moral lesson of the day: go with the gut when under pressure.

Weird conversation I had with Liz yesterday afternoon:

Liz: Are you ready for the exam?
Seema: No, I'm not ready to colonize Mars yet
Liz: Well, then just focus on the moon.

Thankfully, the rest of the conversation - all 13 minutes of it - was less weird and more normal than that.

No comments: