Thursday, December 20, 2001

Telemarketers are officially getting on my nerves. I rarely get telemarketing calls in my new place, but now that I'm here, oh my God - the phone rings every 30 seconds and I've just about stopped running to get the phone. The other night, the phone rang. I picked it up. Here's the actual transcript of the conversation:

Telemarketer: Is Mrs. K--- there?
Me: May I tell her who is calling?
Telemarketer: No. ::click::

The other night the Lions Club called. They wanted to know if I could sponsor a small/medium/large family for Christmas dinner. A small family, btw, is four people. I said I couldn't afford it this year, but would be willing to volunteer time instead. ::click::. The Missing Children's Organization also wanted money, but no volunteers. Just now, the Opinion Poll people called and started with the, "Are you a registered voter...?" and finally, I asked, "Is this going to take a long time?" She said yes and I mentioned that we were in the middle of dinner. The woman kept asking questions! Apparently, telemarketers also call on Sundays these days. Honestly.

It's enough to make one disconnect phone service all together and go directly to cell phone usage.

No comments: