Sunday, December 02, 2001

I have not one, but two, solutions to the currency LP. Sometimes, I just frighten myself, really I do. I've got the linearized version - the one that makes the most sense to me and I could explain very quickly if you stopped me in a dark alley. The logrithmic one makes pseudosense to me - fuzzy numbers at work again - and I wouldn't bet money that I could explain it in a way you could understand or that I could even understand. Unfortunately, the second one is the optimal solution, but I talked to other people and most are going with either the linear or the nonlinear version, depending on which solution they hit on first. Now my biggest issue is how to derive the s-curve before Tuesday. I've done it once, but that was under optimal conditions; I'm thinking this is something that will take up valuable space on my cheat sheet.

I really hope no one stops me in a dark alley and asks me a) to explain the nonlinear version of the LP or b) how to derive an s-curve.

No comments: