Friday, December 28, 2001

Blog Wars II

"What is the situation?" Captain Janeway walked purposefully across the Bridge. Chakotay rose.

"We've been requested to mediate a conflict between Lori and Seema," Chakotay reported. He looked less wooden than usual, much to Janeway's relief. She smiled. Yesterday's, um, activities obviously had had a postive effect on the Commander and Janeway looked forward to exerting herself again tonight.

"What seems to be the problem?" Janeway settled into her chair.

"Apparently, there is a dispute regarding RealPerson fic," Chakotay said. "Sounds pretty serious."

"I agree. Mr. Paris, set a course."

"Seema?" Tom Paris turned away from the helm. "I think I've heard that name..."

"I know I've heard that name!" B'Elanna Torres said from her station. "And let me tell you, when Seema's around, things happen."

Janeway frowned. "I'm not sure I know what you're talking about, B'Elanna."

"I do," Tom said uncomfortably. "And not good things either. For instance, there was that holodeck program-"

"Tom!" B'Elanna exclaimed.

Harry Kim's eyes widened. "Is Seema one of those responsible for B'Elanna's, um, red dress?"

"I believe that it is the case," Tuvok said. "But I do believe you are overreacting to the situation. It is a simple mediation between two reasonable people."

"Easy for you to say," Tom retorted. "Were you caught with a holographic girlfriend?"

"And it wasn't your relationship with-" Harry stopped. "Well, for what it's worth, Tom, B'Elanna, I'm very happy you got married."

At that moment, Chakotay started to shift in his seat. Janeway glanced at him.

"Something on your mind, Commander?" she asked.

"Well," Chakotay hesitated. "I haven't been completely honest with you... there has been one other relationship."

"What, you found another blond bimbo, where?" Janeway asked increduously.

"Not a blond," Chakotay said uncomfortably.

"Chakotay," B'Elanna hissed. Tom spun around in his seat.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" he asked silkily.

"And then there's the little matter of those three," Chakotay said, quickly changing the subject and pointing to Tom, B'Elanna and Harry. "I believe there's more to that friendship than meets the eye. According to Seema, that is."

"Sounds like we might have a thing or two to discuss," Janeway said. "Warp One, Mr. Paris. And Chakotay? I want to see you in my Ready Room."

No comments: