Monday, December 17, 2001

I'm procrastinating again. It's *that* fic I won't go near. I know I have to and sooner, not later. I have to say that my procrastination efforts were generally good today - worked on that C/T fic and dang it, I'm starting to really like it. I didn't think I would like it ever, but as I look at it, I'm thinking there is some good stuff in there and it's not as scary as I thought it was. It's hard to say what I'm going to do with it when it's finished - post it to ASCEML, maybe? It probably won't scare them as much as it scares me.

I finished up a second draft for my zendom article, complete with pilfered examples from fic across the 'net. I've already made most of the corrections to "Stay" that I'm going to make at this point so I can't even use that fic for procrastination. I'm aiming to post it sometime next week, depending on where I am and what I'm doing. I haven't looked at "Fugue" yet, despite my best intentions - and if I could just get myself going, I'm only a few paragraphs from the end of part I (paging Liz! Liz, help!) at this point. I'm not sure what the hold-up is or why I'm dragging my feet so much. I did have this same problem towards the end of "Lines in the Sand," but that was an 800k monster and "Fugue in Blue Minor" is really a baby compared to that.

But none of this is related to the fic that I have to write, that I'm putting off, and that I really have no excuse to put off. I might do a little bit tonight just to assuage my guilt. Sometimes, it takes just getting into - getting started is the hardest part.

I just got an idea for a J/K story... oh my. The weird, scary stuff continues.

No comments: