Sunday, January 20, 2002

Note to self

While traipsing all over this here state, don't forget to pay your bills. Paying bills are a good thing. A very good thing. The companies don't care that you've never forgotten before. They don't care that until this very moment, you had exceptional credit - which is why you keep getting solicited for gold cards with no limit (which you don't want to go anywhere near, btw).

On a positive note, I did get to talk to someone and promptly began the conversation with, "Cheesy as this sounds, the check is in the mail." To his credit, nice man on the phone did not laugh and said he made a note in my file, but since cut-off was automatic (okay, Bjorn, you were right and I'm a doofus), there wasn't much he could do for me unless someone nice and sweet decided to go and check the file and see the note about "The check is in the mail."

Actually, I had to hunt down a postman at 12:30 pm yesterday to get the check in the mail - have you ever tried to find a postman on a Saturday before 1? But I was lucky and was able to flag down a mail truck. Since tomorrow is a holiday, I don't believe my mail will get there in time.

Consider this a lesson learned. I knew I was too irresponsible to be an adult. In honor of my bill paying fiascos, I hereby direct you to Rocky's Payments series to read about someone with bigger bill problems than me.

No comments: