Saturday, January 26, 2002

Because Lori did it...

What's the meanest thing anyone has ever said to you in your whole life?

Hmmm... there a couple things, one of which I no longer remember, but only remember how bad it was and how I felt afterwards, and one which I do remember and try to forget, because unfortunately, the world is full of stupid people who say stupid things.

What's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to you?

Ohhh, now this is hard. Lots of people are unbelievably nice to me, and say really, really sweet things to me as well. I'm not quite sure why. A few weeks ago, I found out that my boss had bragged to Executive about me, that was really nice. A RL friend told me today that she could use "a little more Seema" in her life (she's in MA) and another friend said she'd put up with my singing silly songs any day of the week (now that's really nice).

What's the meanest thing you have ever said to another person?

Oh lots of things, unfortunately. I speak first before thinking way too many times and I can be very, very sarcastic and dry, but it's funny because I never intend things to come out the way they do. Luckily, those close to me know this and now it's really a source of humor. I can't think of anything mean that I said intentionally to someone's face.

What do you love most about your job/school?

Job - the people I work with. That's the best part. School would be... well, ask me when I haven't been sleep-deprived.

What do you hate most about your job/school?

Hmm... the excessive hand-holding I do at work, that's what I do not care for. As for school, sleep-deprivation.

Do you get parking karma [a space close by when you need it most]?

No. I like to walk, so I rarely look for a space close by.

Do you get shopping karma [your item[s] on sale when you need it/the most?

No. That's what credit cards are for.

Are you patient?

I try very hard to be. I'm not always successful, but I do make an attempt.

What tries your patience most?

People who purposefully try to toe the line and then occasionally step over it, despite my admonishments to them to do otherwise. What, I tell them not to do something for my health? No, not at all - telling adults 'no' is not an easy thing to do, let me tell you.

Are you polite?

Obnoxiously so.

Are you kind?

I'd like to think I am.

What makes it hard for you to stay sweet?

Adults. Yes, I know, but I teach adults, and unfortunately, when an adult misbehaves, you can't send him/her to a corner, but rather have to deal with them on a level that is very different. It's very hard to stay sweet in these kinds of situations.

Do you have a bad temper?

No temper at all, amazingly. Just momentary irkedness and then poof, I've forgotten that I was irked at all.

Do you respect your elders?

Yes.

What's your favourite way to spend an afternoon off?

Preferably with a good book. I've got one that I've been working through since October that I really want to finish so I can move on to the Harry Potter book. Going to the gym would be nice once in a while. Spending time with friends, going to the movies. Oh lots of things.

What's the thing you'd rather be stuck working than doing?

Shopping. (Yes, I stole this one from Lori, but I detest shopping).

What's your favourite food?

Rice.

What's your least favourite food?

Squash and pumpkin. Bleech.

What's your favourite childhood comfort food?

Rice and yogurt together.

What's your favorite now that you're an adult and can afford it favourite comfort food?

Rice and yogurt together.

If you're over 18, have you ever have ice cream and pizza for breakfast?

Yes, actually. But then I grew up in a family where ice-cream was acceptable for dinner and birthday cake was quite okay for breakfast.

How do you sleep [on your side, on your back, all sprawled out, fetal position, etc]?

On my side, starting out, then on my back.

Are you a blanket hogger?

no

What's the ideal time of day to wake up?

Sometime between 8 and 8:30.

What's the ideal time to go to bed?

Around 11 is good.

What time did you go to bed last night?

11 or so

What's your guilty pleasure [or pleasures]?

Fanfic, of course .

If someone offered you $10,000 to go without your computer for 60 days, would you accept the offer?

Hmmm... tempting, but probably not. And lest you say I'm an idiot, sometimes my computer is my only connection with people who are not involved in my crazy world right now and there are times when I just want to talk fanfic/Trek and not SWOT analysis or LP type deals.

If you could go back to an earlier point in your life, knowing then what you know now, when would it be and would you really choose to go back?

I don't think I'd go back. I mean, I can't pick a single moment, because every single one of them made me the person I am now and honestly, I don't think I'd want to go back - even knowing what I do know now.

If you could have any superpowers, which would they be?

Telekinesis. Move things around and generally make life slightly confusing for those who irk me.



Something Toyota... wait...

Where would you live if money was no object?

Probably Vancouver or Boston. Somewhere with an outdoorsy type life where you can actually do something without worrying about getting bit by a scorpion or a snake.

What was the worst day of your life?

The morning my mother called and said that my cousin had passed away and could I get to NJ quickly? The drive from Boston to NJ was the longest 5 hours of my life, not to mention the most miserable.

When you think of your wedding day, do you ever picture a specific groom?

No. Impossible to predict. I did think I knew, but I was wrong, and so it's easier not to think anymore, because it's a little on the depressing side.

What would you name your children?

I did like Mira for a girl, but my cousin and his wife just named their newborn Mira, so that's out for me. I really have no idea.

What are three nice things that have never happened to you, that you wish would?

Ooh hard question. I hate to sound really cheesy, but my life has really been composed of nice moments and I choose to forget the bad mostly, so this is really hard.

I'd love to meet Tom Cruise (I bet some of you could see that coming a mile away). That would be really fun.

I'd love a guest spot on a Trek show. I could even be one of those random people walking the corridors. But that would be really neat.

Get published. On paper. Found in Barnes & Noble. That would be just wow.

What are some song lyrics that describe you, as you are right now at this point in your life?

Here is Winter in July by Sarah Brightman:

Look around wonder why
we can live a life that's never satisfied
Lonely hearts troubled minds
looking for a way that we can never find
Many roads are ahead of us
with choices to be made
But life's just one of the
games we play
There is no special way
Make the best of what's given you
everything will come in time
why deny yourself
don't just let life pass you by
like winter in July

Future dreams can never last
when you find yourself still living in the past
Keep moving on to higher ground
looking for the way you thought could not be found
We may not know the reason why
we're born into this world
where a man only lives to die
his story left untold
Make the best of what's given you
everything will come in time
why deny yourself
don't just let life pass you by
like winter in July



No comments: