Tuesday, July 23, 2002

Pieces of me you've never seen before

I've been listening to Tori Amos again. Little Earthquakes, that is, and it's been over eight years since I got this album and it's still my absoute favorite CD ever (next to Elton John's "Made in England").

I haven't really heard the other Tori CDs - but there is just something so raw, so honest about this one - plus it's great to study to, not to mention it's a great writing album (now 'fess up - how many people write to Tori?). I always feel like I'm getting something new out of this CD everytime I listen to it - and believe me, I've listened to it a lot.

The lyrics I love the most are below:

From "Crucify": Got enough GUILT to start, My own religion

From "Girl": She's been everybody else's girl maybe one day she'll be her own

From "Winter": He says when you gonna make up your mind, When you gonna love you as much as I do, When you gonna make up your mind, Cause things are gonna CHANGE so fast

From "China": Sometimes I think you want me to touch you, How can I when you build a great WALL around you,
In your eyes I saw a future together, You just look away in the distance

From "Silent All These Years": Years go by will I still be waiting, For somebody else to understand, Years go by if I'm stripped of my beauty, And the orange clouds raining in my head, Years go by will I choke on my tears, Till finally there is nothing left, One more casualty,
You know we're too EASY easy easy

From "Mother": I escape into your escape into our very favorite fearscape

From "Tear in Your Hand": Maybe maybe it's time to wave goodbye now, Time to wave goodbye now

From "Little Earthquakes": Oh these little earthquakes
Here we go again, These little earthquakes,
Doesn't take much to rip us into pieces





No comments: