Sunday, April 21, 2002

Rambling

I'm restless. The second team - not the Hostile!Team, but this other one - wants to meet tonight. I'm bored. I'm procrastinating. I could watch ER. But then I'd feel all guilty for watching ER when I should be studying. But then, I'm playing on the computer. And I should be studying.

I read fic today. Mustang Sally. Goooooood stuff. MSR all the way. And I didn't realize how long it's been since I've read MSR. I had to flee X-Files after the Doggett warnings started to flare up and all of the baggage that goes along with that. But Strange Nights of Stone and All the Children Are Insane - beautiful. When I grow up, I want to write like Mustang Sally.

I'm feeling very peculiar about the Awards. I have been since day one. Charles Rando said it best and I get where he's coming from. I really do. Vote counting is depressing. Tie breaking is depressing. And I'm not even talking about myself. I'm long past concern about placement - I can honestly say that. This is my fourth awards and my expectations are minimal - please, please, please, I don't want to place in Best Author behind the Award Winning English Major or that another one. Any result but that and I will be overjoyed.

But I do like the ASC Awards. I like reading the FB. I like giving the FB. I like stumbling across stories I missed the first time. I just wish I could give everyone an award. That's really what it comes down to. Well, not everyone, but you know what I mean.

So I think that's what I'm trying to say. I just want to give everyone an award. And huggles. Lots of huggles.

I've been thinking about the Kasidy story. A lot. Suddenly, it's not longer a little vignette. It's something else. It's Kasidy, well, with depth, with feeling, with history. I like the idea of that. I have notes. Lots of them. And I should write them down because I have a memory like a sieve.

I feel like writing in one big paragraph. Just line after line after line with no line breaks. I want to see what happens if I don't use spellcheck. I want to leave anonymous reviews all over ff.net. I want to ask why. I want to say, "Why Minesweeper, why did you pick that?" I want to be out in the sun and feel it all over and inside. I want to be anywhere but here.

I should stop procrastinating. I should get back to finance. I should get it over with so I don't have to meet with Hostile!Team again. I'll just email them the answers and Hostile!Team can do whatever they want to with it. No need to aggravate my stomach with spending even a single minute more with them.

Or maybe I will make lunch. I have groceries now. And dinner yesterday was unsatisifying - some of us went out to the Indian restaurant in town. A group of MBAs can't go anywhere anymore without wanting to rearrange everything. By the end of our meal, we had figured out how to turn the restaurant around. Three months, we said, and we could have this place lively and jumping, no problem.

We also have a plan to redo Pizza Hut.

In case their people want to get in touch, here's my email.

We're constantly trying to subvert the system. We're white collar criminals in training. I propsed Ebribery.com - greasing the hands of business across the world. I also have a scheme to avoid paying parking fees in the pay lot on those days when we have to trudge through rain in our wool suits.

If I go to jail, please send me off with lots of MSR fic and P/T.

I think they have the internet in jail. But just in case...

Or maybe I should just redesign a restaurant.

What I'm listening to.

Liz makes me laugh. Don't forget, Lizola, to send me your snail mail.

Okay, forward rates, here I come.

No comments: