Tuesday, April 30, 2002

The four hour semester

In 24 hours, exactly 24 hours, I'll be meeting my greatest demon. No, not accounting. You would think accounting, but noooo... this is finance. And I wonder why we even bother showing up for 15 weeks in the first place when 90 percent of the class is only just now opening their finance books (me included). Yes!
You too can learn 15 weeks of material in just four hours! Let me show you how...

Not to mention the travel people are being insane on me. I now have two rooms booked for Salzburg and no one seems to know how to cancel one of them. My father speaks German so all is not lost if I have to call Salzburg myself this weekend and cancel the second reservation. It just means that precious time is being wasted on this fiasco - I have no idea what the hey the problem with Salzburg is. The travel people can't do anything with that city, I can't do anything with that city, and all I ever wanted from Salzburg was to go on the "Sound of Music" tour. But how do you solve a problem like Salzburg? Humph.

And heat wave. Ninety degrees. Dear God. Some things need to be outlawed. It's not even June yet. We're not supposed to get close to 100 before June. In July and August, anything less than 100 F is a cold front.

Blech. Can you say frappucino?
Liz - call home. Merci bien.

ASC Awards type people. Announcement looking on schedule ::Happy Dance of Being on Schedule::. Check a newsgroup near you tomorrow night for the results. I think podium results will be first, followed by the dinners. I hope you enjoy the dinners - we had fun writing them (too much fun, some of you might think - but hey, this is what you get when the coordinators chat around 11 pm every night, my time, not theirs. Things get a little strange).

Back to my demons...

No comments: