Thursday, April 11, 2002

The Awards... oh my. I've got another 48 hours to take a look at Voyager and decide if I'm going to vote for more stories. And then it's time to move to Overall and Mis. The Overall category is killing me right now, absolutely killing me. No individual series authors this year (don't ask me, please don't), so this means that every vote counts in terms of who I want to recognize. And given that we're looking at the Best Author Overall - well, that definitely changes how I would vote and who I would vote for, because theoretically, I'd be looking at the people who most exemplified quality writing on ASC this year and contributed majorly to the NG.

And being difficult, I don't necessarily think being awesome in one series makes one the best overall author. I have a profound respect for people who can write in multiple series and do it so beautifully. That's not to say that there isn't standout talent that stays simply in the boundaries of one series, but to me best overall signifies a lot more than what most people will probably recognize in the awards.

Please don't even get me started on this one tonight.

No comments: