Saturday, July 06, 2002

Home Sweet Home

My county has officially been declared a disaster zone. Which makes us eligible for federal funding or something. On the news, I saw a roof float by with chimney still attached. The LCRA is opening the fourth and final gates on the dam sometime tonight - as I don't live too far from the dam, this does make me slightly nervous, but I'm also cheered by the prospect that the rain may be over (and hopefully before Monday, when I hit the road again) and some of the rivers, though not the two near me, are receeding.

So while I was in California... big news. Apparently Angelina Jolie and Billy Bob Thornton split. Let me just ask: is there anyone out there who is surprised by this news?

It also looks like Julia Roberts married her camera man. I'd like to point out to the cynics amongst us that Benjamin Bratt, Julia's former flame of four years, tied the knot a few months ago with someone I've never heard of before. Julia's marriage to Lyle Lovett lasted 21 months. So, how long do you think this one will last?

No comments: