Saturday, July 27, 2002

I spent Friday and today with a very good friend of mine who drove down. It's always wonderful to spend time with an old friend, especially when you live very, very far away from where you grew up and lived for most of your life. The good news is we had a terrific time, as always, but the bad news is that she doesn't like it here and wants to move to another state by summer of next year. I don't blame her - I have thoughts of running away as well and will be looking for something out of state when I graduate (unless I can live where I used to live, for those of you know where I lived before I moved). I told her to stick around and wait for my graduation party ::g:: but if she gets a good job, she'll go. At the very least, I asked her to go somewhere interesting so that I could come and visit. After all, one of the best roadtrips I went on was with her when we drove up to Vancouver. We were talking about some of the funny moments on that trip and it was really great reliving it because it was a really good roadtrip.

I'm way behind in emails right now. I'm way behind on blogging as well. I haven't figured out the "angst versus" fluff thing yet, I had a fanfic rant at the edge of my tongue that's probably best left for other venues, and I'm still trying to figure out what I like about my writing - whether I even like it or not - and what I do best and what I do badly. There are quizzes to take, surveys to answer, meta to ponder, meta to answer, dregs to read and write.

But that's going to have to all wait until Monday. I have a stats exam Monday morning and get this - we're allowed 6 pages worth of notes plus the 2 pages we were allowed for the last exams. That just scares me. Someone said that by the last exam, we'll be allowed 12 pages of notes total. Blech. I don't like that.

But what I'm trying to say is that I need to get this studying done, because I was just rushing haphazardly through the homework assignment last week, trying to get all 60 of the problems done before they were due on Friday (and hopefully, they were mostly correct - we'll see). I know I owe people emails, phone calls, betas, and fic. I'm afraid it won't be happening until later Monday and possibly not until later on this week. Who knew being that being unemployed could make me so dang busy?

No comments: