Wednesday, July 17, 2002

I'm one-ninth of the way through my stats career. Well, not really - that's not counting the four courses I've already been through. But I'm one-third through now through current course (Research Methods), have two more to go, and then I'll be officially done.

I've got that familiar ache in shoulders and back from being hunched over books and working out problems. I actually do enjoy working out problems - I get into a rhythm and before I knew it, I'd worked through an entire chapter in about two hours or so without paying attention to time; time really does fly when you're having a good time.

I was thinking about giving myself a break today from stats and doing some writing (though I do have one week's worth of material for marketing to read up on), but the muse has gone somewhere. I don't know where, but it's not here. Which is slightly scary. I have a theory about the why, I just don't know what to do about it.

If I'm really ambitious, I may start putting up the Europe pictures. At any rate, a sampling should be available on Sunday at the latest. But right now, a nap sounds really good.

And oh yes - the sun is teasing us. We've still got storm clouds and 100% humidity, but there is sun. Honest to God sun. I may have to bring the sun hat back out (someone was asking yesterday where it was). A good thing - maybe I can start putting things away in my closet again as I'm getting tired of tripping over things in the bedroom.

At any rate, I think I'm going to tackle the email backlog and switch those of you over to the other email address if I haven't switched you already. That's half the problem - the yahoo! email address is constantly full, so everything keeps getting shoved to the bottom of the list. So, that might be a goal.

Or I just might take a nap and celebrate being one-ninth of the way through stats.

No comments: