Tuesday, July 30, 2002

My list of things to do is way too long. Our professor promised us a shorter assignment this week than last week's marathon session. She did tell the truth in a way: it's two problems shorter. Which makes me cringe. Really, truly cringe. Because I sat at my kitchen table for literally hours doing those sixty problems last week thinking, "Okay, why do I want to do statistics this badly?"
I finished the set at midnight on Thursday, or is that Friday - at any rate, I finished it just after midnight and it was due just nine hours later. And really, I hadn't procrastinated at all - I started on Monday when it was assigned and worked pretty diligently through the week. Yet, at midnight, that's when I finished. Some of my classmates never even got through the whole thing - there was so much of it. And we have one less day to do it now, since it was assigned today and it's due on Friday morning as usual.

I'm hoping that class is cancelled tomorrow - she's sick, so hopefully that will buy us a little time to get some of these problems done. I don't like not finishing assignments, even if it only worth 10 percent of our total grades.

Then there's the Ecuador project. Due next week. We haven't started yet. We had a team panic moment this afternoon and I kept saying, "We're going to be fine, we're going to be fine." That was before I tried to actually sit down and write the implementation plan and realized how hard it is to forecast profit five years into the future when you just have no idea.

Then there's the marketing exam. On Tuesday. I'm still on chapter two of the textbook. I think there are 13 chapters to get me from here to over there.

I owe a beta. I owe email. I owe phone calls. I owe fic. I owe a blog war post. This will never change - it's a perpetual state of being with me. I should just accept this sad, sad reality of a virtual life.

No comments: