Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Cool new tool, Malinator, in the fight against spam.

I went shopping today to get new!hip clothes. I've been officially dubbed fuddy-duddy by various relatives, though I'd like to point out I've spent two years in academia and jeans and t-shirts are quite acceptable. However, it's time to get some new clothes in preparation for the new job. I hit the Gap, Banana Republic, Express and Target. I didn't find anything I'd like at the first three stores and found three tops at the second. Of course, I didn't buy anything because I wasn't sure if the tops I picked out were stylish enough. So, I have roped Sarah into helping me on Sunday afternoon. Of course, we both have that whole New England LL Bean look going and so I'm probably going to fall back into my khaki and polo shirt outfits.

My previous job was pretty formal so I hit Petite Sophisticate and Casual Corner a lot. Most of my co-workers shopped there too, so it was relatively safe and good bet. Plus, it was also a good idea to dress business when meeting with executive. Business casual is not something I understand beyond khakis and a sweater set. Have I mentioned that I really, really, really like sweater sets?

To be honest, the only dress code that really excites me is one that doesn't require nylons. Everything else I can handle. But in this here state with this here heat, the nylons literally melt to your legs. I'm completely serious. I would wear pants to work when it was 100+ degrees out because frankly, pants were more comfortable. And did I mention that this is also the home of crazy air conditioning? So you are likely to see people in t-shirts out on the street, but carrying sweaters because it's cold inside. Hence, my devotion to sweater sets which are a nice and neat way of taking care of this problem.

No comments: