Sunday, October 27, 2002

Ramblings

The weekend got away from me. No email answered. Okay, just one, but it was a short one. And now I'm feeling guilty. For those you interested in Seema!minutia, I've got a paper due on Tuesday that counts as our midterm - it's basically a strategic analysis of AOL and what their next steps ought to be. I've got that database assignment due on Tuesday and hopefully, it did save to my zip disk properly. I've got a case update to do for tomorrow morning on American Express that I haven't started yet and I have a team meeting at 6 tonight on Microsoft - we've got to write up that company's strategic moves over the last 20 years.

In other news, I had a nightmare last night. I dreamt that I had an accounting exam and I was so confused. I kept asking the professor how come I had an exam because I didn't even know I had an accounting class and so I never bought the book, so I never read it etc, etc and the professor just cackled, gave me the exam and said, "Do the best you can." And all the time, I was thinking, this is wrong because I'm not in an accounting class. How did I get into an accounting class? And then I got a 55 on that exam. So yeah, major nightmare there.

I'm formulating my thoughts on realism versus unrealism in fic, but it's going to have to be backlogged for now while I get myself squared away with everything else RL-related. So much to do, so little time. Can't believe I was belly-aching about not having much to do a few weeks back. Bah. At any rate, it's official. I'm pulling a Bjorn. I'm applying for a second Masters. This time in International Affairs. It's got a Fellowship program and really, it's only worth it if I get accepted as a Fellow or get a sizeable scholarship. But I'm already facing reality and reality tells me that I won't have a job in June or even in August and I can't bear the thought of having to sit around for six monhs to a year while looking for a job. Twenty percent of the class that graduated in May is still unemployed, including some people who received job offers in the fall and then were laid off in the summer, just weeks after they began. Companies simply don't want to hire MBAs - we're too expensive for them, or so conventional wisdom says these days. So I figure, a Fellowship is just as good as a job, right? Of course right.

No comments: