Sunday, October 13, 2002

Finally finished my assignment from hell. Fourth time through and I finally got it off and turned it in. It's a major datamining project, complete with three predictive models. Which is all well and fine, except I was working on the computer from hell and I'd gotten a hefty chunk done about two weeks ago and then the hard drive had to be reformatted. Good bye project. Tried it again, but apparently didn't save it properly. Once again, good bye and try again. Last week I came in to find that the computer I was working on had gone completely haywire. Not only were all my files gone, but the SAS and JMP software packages had gone AWOL as well. So anyway, I'm done now and mucho happy about it. Also finally compiled my team's paper and edited the first draft. I see some holes in the first section of the analysis, but given that we still have a couple weeks, I think it's pretty good that we have a rough draft in place. I still have two chapters of strategy to read tonight, but I may read half today and half tomorrow, as it really isn't the most exciting stuff on the planet. And oh yes, I still have to write up that summary for my team and start on the seafood research. No indeed, there's no rest for the wicked.

No comments: