Sunday, October 06, 2002

I'd always heard rumors about the Star Wars: Holiday Special but I thought it was a myth. Alas, no, it's real - yes, that's most definitely Harrison Ford - and it's currently playing on one of the public access channels here. Video quality is horrible - obviously a bootleg, but no matter - it's not like it's easily understood in the first place. Other than the initial 5- minute thingy at the beginning featuring Han and Chewie flying somewhere, it's mostly been Chewie's son and his wife growling at each other and pounding on their chests. No, there are no subtitles telling me what's going on and I can't even begin to explain where the juggler type people just came from. Luke also has really bad hair. And who knew that a galaxy far, far away was where the Commodore computer ended up? Verklemped am I. So no, Jar-Jar Binks is not George Lucas' most evil creation.

No comments: