Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Headlines

No rain. The rain is gone. Wow. Apparently, by this afternoon, we will see sun. Not sure I can handle the excitement.

I'm officially registered now for the National Novel Writing Month.

People who spoil without spoiler space should have to read "The Eye of Argon," watch the "Star Wars Holiday Special," eat Ramen noodles and for good measure, have to read the material for my strategy class as well as having to sit through what is arguably the most tedious 150 minutes of my week. For 366 days straight. So there. Think before spoiling or I'm going to have to hurt you.

Election day is one week from today. If you can, go vote. I voted on Sunday in Early Voting. But I can't wait for this to be over. Dear God, I don't know what it's like in your neck of the woods, but the negative ads here are insane. I don't even know what anyone stands for - only how terrible everyone is. Which begs the question, why should we vote for anyone at all if we don't know what they're going to do once they get elected? Me, I vote a straight-party ticket, with the occasional exception of voting for a Green party candidate - saves me from actually having to judge anyone on their undoubtedly questionable merits.

And btw, it really, really makes me mad when I see an attack ad that accuses a candidate of supporting Clinton instead of Bush. How is that such a bad thing? It really, really irks me that Cinton's dismal personal problem is equated with his political successes. So I'm going to say it loud and proud right here: I SUPPORTED CLINTON IN BOTH ELECTIONS AND I DIDN'T VOTE FOR BUSH AND I DON'T REGRET IT. I'm just making it easy, y'know, for people to dig up dirt on me in case I ever choose to run for public office.

I've been trying to figure out what dirt people would dig up on me if I did run for public office (liberal bias, Clinton-supporter aside). Here's what I've come up with:

  • Seema is obsessed with a fantasy universe and creates stories revolving around fictional characters. This proves that her ideas for XX are not grounded in reality.
  • Seema used to pour salt into her Coke while an undergrad just to watch the soda overflow the cup. This was a waste of valuable salt and soda that could have been used by other less fortunate students.
  • Seema occasionally forgets to return emails. This proves she doesn't care about others.
  • Seema once spent $60,000 organizing a meeting for work. This high figure shows that she is not cost-conscious and will waste tax payers' money.
  • Seema worked for a Big!Insurance company for four years. This means she is on the side of the Big!Insurance and not on the side of tax payers.
  • Seema once refused a political candidate's request to pull a news article that was to be published in the next morning's paper. This blatant disregard of a candidate's wishes once again proves that Seema is out to get people and provide only one side of the story.
  • Seema is from New England even if she has lived in this state for five years. She doesn't understand this community as she says she does and worse, she's a Yankee!
  • Seema doesn't eat beef. This means she doesn't support one of this state's major agricultural industries.
  • Seema once asked a question about Enron. Enough said.


I think there's enough there for at least five or six negative ads. I'm sure there are more skeletons in my closet, but these are the big ones.



No comments: