Saturday, October 05, 2002

Finally caught up with some email. I've been on "strike" since Thursday evening when the in-boxes of two of my email accounts exploded with stuff. I got panicky and logged off immediately and haven't bothered to really read much email until today, when ASC-business type stuff showed in my inbox. Of course, that meant thinking about things I haven't thought about in six months and trying to organize my thoughts coherently into something meaningful. Which I think I did. The worse part about working on the Awards FAQ is the acknowledgement that there haven't been a whole lot of stories posted in any series and it's possibly the most meager Awards season I've seen yet.

So, all you people who haven't posted to ASC yet, go forth and post. Just posting makes you eligible for Awards and really, for those of you completely overwhelmed by the number of fic contests out there, let me just say, an ASC Award is possibly one of the most desireable and wonderful awards you can win. It's an open process, it's feedbacked-based and because it's so public, a whole lot more thought goes into the voting process than just "Ah, A is my best friend, let me vote for her." Questions? As always, feel free to email me.

No comments: