Wednesday, August 14, 2002

This and That

::happy dance::

So I did get my A in stats. I missed it by a little over a point last week when I didn't do so hot on exam number 3 - which I took right after the fire. But made up for that this morning as this final exam replaces any exam grade that was lower than the score received on the final. Whee! The best part of it was that I caught two mistakes in the actual exam and the professor graded it while I was standing right there and while grading my exam, she found a mistake on her answer key. I am such a geek, though I suspect this wasn't the first time that had happened. But anyway, it doesn't matter - very, very happy now. Especially happy that the paper is almost finished and I'll be able to breathe.

Also, discovered everyone is on AIM in the afternoon. Did not know this. Explains why no one is on when I sign in around 10:30 or 11 at night. Which is fun because I was able to talk to certain people who are never online.

I could write but don't feel like it (48-page paper anyone?). Nothing I've written lately is any good at all and I'm just staring at the graveyard my hard drive has become and get all depressed about it. I think I'm just better off nagging other people to do my dirty work for me ::grin:: It makes me envious frankly of the people who constantly write and don't seem to ever run out of steam. Is it possible to become "ungood" as a writer? (that's provided you were any good to being with). Sometimes, that's what it feels like.

I'm in the mood for some serious angsty fic, preferably P/T. Monica gave me some C/P recommendations the other day that I could try out and she just recommended a Jane St. Clair story that I remember reading way back in the day - "Softly."

From Liz: "Everything is okay in the end. If it isn't okay it's not the end."

No comments: