Saturday, August 24, 2002

I need another fandom like I need another accounting class. Okay, I probably need another accounting class, but I certainly don't need another fandom. But... there's always a but. I just finished reading ""Star by Star" by Troy Denning, the latest and greatest in the post-"Return of the Jedi" profic novels and dang it all, if that wasn't the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers. Now I'm completely and totally verklemped over what happens next.So of course, I have to go a-searchin' to find out more fanfic of course, not to mention, find out when the next Star Wars book is coming out. Everyone else is waiting on JK Rowling, but me, I just want to know what happens next in the Star Wars universe!

For instance: (highlight for spoilers) Will Jaina turn to the dark side? How dare they kill Chewbacca and Anakin? How will Han and Leia deal with the death of two of their sons? Will Luke and Mara be reunited with their son? Is Nom Anor dead? Thank goodness for the book schedule. Apparently three more novels have been written after "Star by Star" and should be available now. But I'm really, really eager to know what happens next.

For some reason though, most of the fanfic I've found deals with the first two movies - ie Episodes 1 and 2, which frankly don't impress me that much. Yes, I saw them both, but I don't consider them as good as the originals. Luke, Leia, Han - they had character. I really, really can't see Amidala as Leia's mother - other than interesting choices in hairstyle, they don't seem anything alike at all.

Did a little bit of writing today. Not Star Wars related, no. Too complicated of a universe for me right now to deal with, but I'm also debating on the SNW contest and I'm leaning towards entering more than usual, but I also don't have a story-idea in my head that would be acceptable. And not sure that I'm going to come up with one between now and the deadline. So, those of you with plot bunnies you want to give up for adoption, I'm looking for one.

No comments: