Thursday, August 15, 2002

It's raining. Hard. Evidently, suburbs of a major city are under water at this point and it's all coming this way. Doppler Radar does not lie, but it can ruin plans, that's for sure.

I've already gotten soaked once today and it's not even noon. I was a doofus and parked in the regular lot when I went to print the paper out in the computer lab. The water was in some places up to my ankles. That was at 9:30. Then I was an idiot and didn't take my umbrella when I ran from the car to Copy Corner to get the paper bound (clear cover, maroon backing - for those of you who enjoy these kinds of details). Needless to say, when I went back to campus around 11 am to actually turn the darn thing in, I parked in the pay lot so my exposure to water was about 3 minutes versus 15.

But the good news is that I SURVIVED my five-week summer courses! Whee! Everything turned in, everything finished, and I really did make it. There were some doubts along the way, but now, I'm going to rest my poor tired brain and hopefully, the rain will let up a little bit so I can actually leave my apartment at some point (though I'm really enjoying being dry again).


No comments: