Saturday, December 01, 2001

Because I really don't like linear programming and I'm always looking for a reason to procrastinate. Besides, I still have the sniffles, so that's reason enough to take it easy, right?

four things you would eat on the last day of your life:
- pasta with pesto and chunks of fresh tomatos
- samosas (oh yeah)
- rice
- tomato & garlic burrito (preferably from Bueno Y Sano, but as Amherst is there and I'm here, Freebirds fits the bill nicely)


four cds from your collection that you will never get tired of:

- "Little Earthquakes" by Tori Amos
- "La Luna" by Sarah Brightman
- "Made in England" by Elton John
- "Evita" (Madonna version)

four vacations you have taken:

- London (1999)
- Virginia Beach road trip (1999 - from Longmeadow down, 18 hours of I95 South - lovely)
- Vancouver road trip (2000 - from Portland up, 6 hours and beautiful, beautiful scenery)
- Boston (2000, 2001 - weddings mean we must be all grown up now)

four songs you get stuck in your head frequently:

- "Hero" - Enrique Iglesias
- "Breathe" - Faith Hill
- "Faith of the Heart" - Russell someone (only after I watch "Enterprise" though)
- "I Need You" - Leann Rimes


four things you'd like to learn:

- Linear programming (preferably before Tuesday)
- Cooking (without water, without burning, preferably ethnic)
- White water rafting
- Another language (I don't care which one, just another one)

four beverages you drink frequently:

- Coffee, black, 2 spoons of sugar
- Water
- Diet Coke
- Lemonade


four tv shows that were on when you were a kid:

- Growing Pains
- Cosby
- LA Law
- Who's the Boss?


four places to go in your city:
(I'm cheating now, because there is nowhere to go here, but where I used to live...)

- Town Lake (it's really a river, dammed off at both ends, but details, shemtails...)
- Zilker Park (home of Christmas tree - as it may be - not to mention the free summer musical)
- Mozart's (coffee and decadence by the lake - oops, river - who could ask for more?)
- La Madeleine (Okay, a chain doesn't really count, but I spent an obscene amount of time here with my writing group)


four things to do when you're bored:

- surf the Internet (what? no email since 30 seconds ago??)
- write fic (I'm not prolific, I'm not...)
- watch HNN over and over again (what? the news hasn't change since 30 minutes ago??)
- sleep (ha!)


four things that never fail to cheer you up:

- family
- ice-cream
- phone call from an old friend
- babies

No comments: