Monday, December 10, 2001

Muse II

I've been going through my old files, some of which were from pre-computer crash. There are some good starts in there, some forgettable starts, including "Demons" - which I finished in 1999, but will probably never, ever see the light of day (Liz and I are in agreement on this one - "Demons" is my Waterloo). I also found the beginnings to a coda for "Breaking the Ice" called "A Change in Color." This one is told from Trip's POV and I can't really remember what I was thinking/doing when I began that. I had thought that that story was titled "Tentative", but apparently, that was just a delusion and it has another title entirely. The Jake story, "All Things," looks really good to me right now, and it's amazing how putting things away for a while will make you feel either a) more kindly to a story or b) hate it even more. Right now, to answer Christine's question, this would have to be among my favorite fics right now. I also found the missing "Drive" scenes, which will come in handy once I began the novelization of that - whenever that happens. I'm also feeding the angst bunny lots of leafy green vegetables in the hope of enticing her to angst a little more, at least for another few paragraphs so I can get Part I of "Fugue" out of the way. Oh, and I owe Lori that real person fic I promised, not to mention owing Tracy that birthday story. Liz, I probably owe her about 80 different stories as well. ::sigh::

So many projects, so much time... please, don't hold me back :-)

No comments: