Wednesday, December 19, 2001

Who invited all of these tacky people?

Fran bought some napkins back in August for an ice-cream social she had planned for my going away party and the napkins read, "Who invited all of these tacky people?" Anyway, we never did have the ice-cream social - it was sweet of her to plan, but we ended up having a happy hour at Bahama Breeze for my going away party. Anyway, so Fran still has these napkins and she gives them away when she thinks someone is being tacky. Luckily, I've been away since August - but yes, I did earn one before leaving. I don't recall what I said or did, but I'm sure it was very tacky. Anyway, everyone in our unit has at least one tacky napkin - some have several.

Today, I earned another one. Sort of. It started with Deborah and me going back and forth over whether something made sense or not. She said that if I understood it, then anyone could. I said that was tacky, so Fran let me "award" Deborah a napkin. Of course, then there was this little conversation:

Deborah: I've missed you!
Me: Wish I could say that same about you!

Which meant that Kim nominated me for tackiness as well. So then I had two napkins. I mentioned to Fran that it's a good thing I've been away, otherwise I'd probably have about 30 or 40 tacky napkins by now. Then Kim said, "That's for sure." Tacky! So I ended giving my tacky napkin to Kim - which makes my total back down to one napkin and Kim's to four. Still, I'm proud of the fact that I've been back for six days before I was awarded a tacky napkin.

No comments: