Wednesday, December 12, 2001

I've been looking at my C/T fic and it's irking me because it's gone schizophrenic on me. I described it to Liz last night - half of it sounds like something I would have written four years ago, and the other half sounds like... something else. I'm thinking of ditching the plot entirely - since that's what sounds so incredibly pedantic - and just leave the other stuff in there. I've got to think about it a little more. It could be that I've been working the bunny too hard and that's where the weird mood shifts came from, not to mention uneven characterizations. Chakotay, for once, is okay, but Janeway... well, even I don't recognize her and I think a minimum requirement to write fanfic is for the author to recognize who the characters actually are, right? Plus, I'm not fond of the cool, repressed Janeway. And then, in the midst of all of this stuff, there is some happy fluff stuff dealing with Miral - which contributes nothing to the plot. So there, I've talked myself into it. The plot has got to go. I feel better already.

And Onslow has a new home, thanks to Gordon. I love the pretty colors.

No comments: