Friday, December 21, 2001

Sometimes, I really wonder what I'm doing. It's like all of a sudden, you wake up at this strange party and wonder, "How did I get here?" and more importantly, "How do I leave?" It's the leaving that's the hard part, because you don't want to insult the host and you certainly don't want to never get invited back. So you've got to come up with a good excuse. "Oh my dog needs to be walked" or "I've got a headache, dear, and it's so bad, I think I'm going to explode, but I really did want to see you tonight. You look fabulous." I'm leaning towards the latter since I don't own a dog.

In other news, cedar fever has struck. Four allergy free months and I spend two weeks in my old stomping grounds and whomp, there it is. For those who are not familiar with cedar fever, it's this horrible, horrible allergy which afflicts 99 percent of the population here to varying degrees, thanks to the proliferation of cedar trees, which out-number human beings 20 to 1 here. I came out of the office yesterday to find my car covered in the lovely yellow stuff. Yes, love is the air for the cedars, but I'm hoping it will be a swift courtship so that my nasal passages and throat return to normal.

No comments: