Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday

Believe it or not, it's absolutely serene outside. The sky is a pale blue, the sun is bright, and wispy white clouds are starting to move in. I haven't been outside to check the wind, but my uncle reports seeing some pick-up. In the meantime, my heart goes out to those poor, poor people in the bus that exploded just short of I-45. It's the most tragic example of what has been going on on the freeways here, and it's simply awful. The only silver lining is that people are cautious, and are heeding the requests to get out, rather than kow-towing to some macho sense of "Been there, done that, no big deal."

I've decided to make a move to my uncle's place. My dad has found some alternative routes for me that don't involve the freeways. I don't know what the true picture of the freeways are; the news keeps showing old footage from yesterday and at this point, I'm sufficiently freaked out enough to not attempt it. I am torn between moving my car from a parking garage (above ground) to a surface lot, but I'm also not thrilled about riding out the storm on my own. As soon as I feel better (migraine; talk about crappy timing, huh?), I'm going to leave. Hopefully, I'll be able to blog from my uncle's place. As jemima observed, blogging is the most important thing.

No comments: