Friday, September 23, 2005

Decision time

I have to be where I need to be for the storm by 3 pm. Here's the current plan (after much, much debate): I'm going to my uncle's place. At least, that's where I'm going to start. If it looks like traffic won't let it happen, I'm going to turn around and be in my apartment for the duration. This is no time to idle in traffic, if indeed, they haven't cleared the roads.

I want to thank everyone for their support, emails and phone calls. It means a lot to me. It's been very stressful. Another friend -- whose evacuation plans didn't pan out due to the traffic -- told me this morning, "The last day and a half has seemed like for a week." Indeed, but it's been more bearable because of you guys. I hope to be able to touch base with everyone sooner rather than later. Be well, and hopefully, I'll be able to blog at you later on today.

No comments: