Thursday, December 12, 2002

I tried Melina's music meme, found that it was hard and that my brain was exhausted from trying to absorb a semester's worth of strategy in one day. It goes back to my theory that everything learned in a class is learned in the 24 hours preceeding the exam - not during the semester (which, theoretically, would be the smart way of doing it).

I just went and banged on my neighbor's door - She of the Loud Music. I could hear the lyrics - not even the beat, but the actual words. It was all in Spanish and I appreciate Spanish music as much as the next person but not tonight. Tonight is Thursday. I was at school studying from 10 am until 6 pm tonight - 500 pages worth of material. Stuff I'm not even sure I remember (value chain, I do know what a value chain is though) and so I'm relatively cranky and all I want to do is curl up on the sofa with my blanket, have popcorn and watch television. I was planning to crank out an hour or so more of studying tonight, but I'll probably do it tomorrow. Exam isn't until 5:30 in the evening, so I've got the whole day to review the things I'm iffy on.

Still think it's nuts to have just one comprehensive exam. It's impossible to memorize it all and some of you know, even on good days, my memory is seriously lacking.

My application for the second masters' program is coming along nicely. I'm still debating why I'm doing this, considering how unbelievably tired I am of school at the moment and what the heck am I going to do with a second masters' degree anyway? Pulling a Bjorn? Over-education is a family joke so perhaps I'm just falling into tradition that way.

We're going to see Nemesis on Saturday evening. 7 pm show. So I'm sure I'll have much to tell afterwards. With approriate spoilers.

No comments: