Monday, June 13, 2005

Road Karma

I'm always amused when people pass me on the road home from work. It's a bumpy, pot-hole mess -- like most roads here in Sweat Sock City are and any day now, I know I'm gonna find some Mini Cooper just plugging up one of those pot holes and then a huge Metro bus is going to roll right over it and that'll be both the end of the Mini Cooper AND the pot hole. Anyway, despite the obvious Mini Cooper sized pot-holes, people like to pretend the road home is the Indy 500 or something.

Today, this woman in a blue mini van got impatient with the Metro bus -- road rule number one, do not MESS with the Metro bus, the driver can't see you -- and decided to cut me off so she could get to wherever it was she was getting to faster. Luckily for me, I was playing 'avoid the pothole' game -- which, actually, now that I think about it, it's definitely like 'Frogger', you know, that video game from the 80s? -- and so I was going slow enough to avoid planting the front of my car in her blue mini van rear end. And as if to make a point to the Metro bus, Blue Mini Van woman revved up and stepped on the gas.

I'd have been more impressed if a) she'd been driving a hummer (a mini van is just not that intimidating), b) if she didn't have a lei having from her rear view mirror (again, so not intimidating) and c) if she hadn't revved up just fast enough to get to the red light 5 seconds before both me and the Metro bus.

Times like this, I really just want to stick out my tongue and say, "Na na na goo goo."

No comments: