Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Have you written today?

There's nothing like fresh condescension to warm the heart, especially when one is 23 days away from a deadline and without motivation or story ideas -- in which case it's condescension mixed with salt and rubbed DEEP DEEP into the wound. Have you people no heart?

To be fair, if I were giving myself advice on breaking free from writer's block, I'd also condescend to myself and say, "Just write. Treat it like a job. 'War and Peace' wasn't written in a day." But I don't want to write like it's a job -- I've already got one of those from 8 to 5. What I want is some fun and dang it, I've already bribed the muse with chocolate and margaritas and she still won't come home. That's just WRONG, yo.

In the meantime, here are Writer's Digest's Thirty Hot Markets. Just because I'm not writing doesn't mean you guys shouldn't.

This entry was beta-read by jemima, who also believes in the muse

No comments: