Tuesday, April 29, 2003

Today, before I could think too hard about it, I did the job search thing. The job search thing is tiring and depressing. It's hard to get movitated to do it. I try to apply to at least one job a day. That's my goal. Some days I surpass/reach it, other days, I don't. Of course, a lot has to do with the jobs I turn up in the first place. I've got all of the online job sites bookmarked, but I don't put a whole lot of stock into them. Jerie called last night. What a sweetheart - she's actually looking for a job for me. Also, got a few tips from my mom and my friend in the Big City to the North got me the email address of an HR person at a recycling company in that same city. So today, I've been emailing former coworkers, and applying to jobs en masse. I'm glad I keep my job email address separate from my regular email addy; that way I'm mentally prepared to check the email account when I login and don't get depressed over rejection letters.

Other plans for today include running to school to deliver the print-outs of yesterday's stats analysis to K and to pick up a copy of the take-home final. My motivation for the take home is at an all time low. I have until Friday at 5 pm to turn it in. That's a lovely chunk of time. I'll probably read the case today and try to figure out my attack plan. Cheerleader prof says not to work on it for more than 2-3 hours. Knowing me, I'll probably beat the case into the ground. I'm so glad she gave a page max guideline as well as a time guideline, because really, take home tests are the bane of my existence. I'm always wondering about it and I always find that I spend more time on them than absolutely necessary.

No comments: