Friday, April 04, 2003

Our MBA program rankings have fallen once again. It's been a steady decline since I entered in the fall of 2001. Before, I didn't really care too much. What were rankings all about? But that was easy to think when you were enrolled in what was considered one of the top 50 programs in the country and in the top 70 internationally. The Dean of the business school has emailed us all about this latest decline. This is not good news for us. Rankings drive recruiting. And the lower our rankings go, the less attractive we seem to recruiters and the less they will visit us and prefer our students to others.

On a positive note, I was called by the MARCOM manager for a large corporation in the Big City to the East. I can't believe I was contacted. I have a telephone interview scheduled for 4:30 today. Cross your fingers for me.

No comments: