Monday, April 28, 2003

So I went to see Cheerleader Prof this afternoon with the intent of simply returning her book, "The Quality of Loyalty," and letting her know that I was going to run ANOVA and t-tests. I was there for thirty minutes. The woman can talk. I'm completely in awe. And when I said that I would have to go to the library computer lab to finish the stats since the regular masters lab doesn't have SPSS and SAS (and I'm not masochistic enough to do by hand on Excel - I've already put way more time into this project than necessary), she gave me a pile - a pile! - of textbooks on SPSS and SAS. Never mind that the paper is due tomorrow. The woman was like, "Take your time, read this."

I was trying to find a polite way to say, "But I know how to use SPSS..."

And she's going on, "But these are the best books ever. But I don't like SAS so if you end up at company that uses SAS, you really need to get them to use SPSS. That's what I do. I never use SAS." And then she says, pointing at the SAS books, "So, you can keep those."

I couldn't help myself. I answered, "Do I have to?"

She wasn't in her office when I went back after finishing the stats so I left the books in my car. I'll give them back to her tomorrow. Or something. I'm trying to get rid of the textbooks I already have, not accumulate more.

No comments: