Saturday, November 02, 2002

There's a get together at B&N this afternoon at 1 pm for NaNoWriMo so I think I'm going to go to that. It'll be nice to meet people who aren't MBAs. Frankly, we MBAs aren't all that interesting. But our Halloween party was fun. The best Death who showed up at the door and didn't say a word, gave me a hug, and then got himself a beer - but couldn't drink the beer because of his mask. It was really creepy because he stood right behind me the whole time. I was so weirded out, trying to figure out which guy I knew well enough who wasn't already there. It got to a point when we wondered if we had let a stranger into our party. But then someone guessed correctly and the mask came off. It was a good laugh and Death definitely did the best costume job.

For those of you wondering, I went as a New Englander, or more precisely, a Vermonter. I was originally going to go as an employeed MBA, but decided that I didn't want to wear nice clothes. So instead I put on my jacket and gloves, and many of my classmates had the displeasure of listening to my Vermont accent for the first time. Okay, not the best costume, but I had had class all day and got home at 7 pm, with the party being at 8 pm. So there wasn't much time to think something up.

In other NaNoWriMo news, I've written a good 2,000 words so far (well, I use the word 'good' loosely - I've written 2,000 words). More, if you include my paper on Evil!Microsoft - I've gotten the first three pages roughly sketched out and have another three to finish by today. Any of you know anything about Microsoft's strategy, I would love to hear from you. Particularly, I'm looking for information on Microsoft's pricing efforts and market segmentations.

And in an effort to Be Like Jemima, here's my opening sentence for you: "It started, oddly enough, with the Christmas tree in the center of Towne Mall."

No comments: