Tuesday, November 19, 2002

I've ceased studying. The truth is, I've gotten to the point where I don't know what I don't know and what I do know -I hate it when that happens. I've read all seven chapters twice - once when initially assigned and then again over the weekend. I took the online practice quizzes twice. I've read the chapter summaries once. I've gone through the class notes once. I've read over the PowerPoint slides once (not counting the first time seeing them in class). I've reviewed the more complicated material at least 80 times. I'm not sure what else I can do, other than eat lunch and get to class.

Last night, just before bed, the measurement scales finally, finally clicked. I'll probably looking over sampling plans one more time, and possibly the Fishbein measures of attitude toward behavior and objects because I keep getting them confused in my head. The equations, no problem - got those down - it's which one that directly corresponds to behavior and which one corresponds to objects that confuses me. Of course, despite clickage, I'll probably review those measurement scales and scale properties once again. They confuse me still - not because they are hard, but because sometimes I don't understand the way this book is written. At least three chapters out of the seven are statistics-based - statistics theory, versus actual computation - and that is always a Good Thing.

No comments: