Tuesday, November 27, 2001

I get easily confused these days. I end up on websites which are just way too hip for me. The graphics are spectacular and the navigation is a mystery. Apparently the new trend in navigation is to have lovely graphics which you just click, and voila, you're somewhere else. Once, I ended up on a site that just had a very cool picture on the front page and then the numbers 1 through 5 in tiny fonts right below it. That was it. I had no idea where I was, whose site it was, or where I was going. Still, the graphics were very cool.

IIn my journey through blogdom, I'm suddenly realizing just how small the Internet really is. In fact, all those authors whom I thought fled fandom are actually cooling their heels in "West Wing" or more often, "BtVS" or "Angel." And ya know, until a couple weeks ago, I didn't even know what "BtVS" stood for (and I call myself a fan girl, ha!). I did see the "Buffy" musical - my first and only (to date) experience with the Vampire Slayer. Campy it was, but it was also fun and cheesy. So anyway, I've found people like Annie Sewell-Jennings again and seeing familiar names is actually very soothing. In fact, if it wasn't for coming across Sabine's "West Wing" and "Sports Night" fic, I probably wouldn't have ever read anything in either fandom.

So I guess that theory I heard long ago, that you can connect to any site on the internet within 30 clicks, well, I guess it's true then. Provided you don't need to know where you're going.

No comments: