Thursday, September 22, 2005

Wave white sand

My zip code has just joined the list of storm surge evacuation zones. This is completely news to me. I've been comforted this entire time that I did not live in one of the evacuation zones, and while I anticipate localized flooding, I didn't think it'd be a big deal. I'm not sure what to do now. Traffic is still bogged down, there's no gas, and whatever/whereever I go, it's a one-shot deal. I won't get a second chance to make a course correction if the route I choose is congested.

I keep telling myself that I'm better here than out there on the streets, in the heat, worrying about the gasoline situation. At this point, I don't plan to leave. I'm at the possible place I can be right now and there's no good reason to venture out into 100+ degree heat and take my chances with traffic.

If I only I can get some sleep, I think I could make some sense and get a plan together.

No comments: