Saturday, September 10, 2005

Downward dog

I was looking for a yoga schedule for a studio here in the Big City to the West and came across Bush Yoga.

Jon Stewart has his say on Hurricane Katrina over here. You'll need WMP 9 to watch, but it's well-worth it. An excerpt:

"Now, for you people who are saying "Well, stop pointing fingers at the president...left-wing...the media's being too hard. No. SHUT...UP! No! This is inarguably - inarguably - a failure of leadership from the top of the federal government. Remember when Bill Clinton went out with Monica Lewinsky? That was inarguably a failure of judgment at the top. Democrats had to come out and risk losing credibility if they did not condemn Bill Clinton for his behavior. I believe Republicans are in the same position right now. And I will say this: Hurricane Katrina is George Bush's Monica Lewinsky. The only difference is that tens of thousands of people weren't stranded in Monica Lewinsky's vagina."


Next week, I will try to be good and stick to my promise of only going after Tom DeLay rather than anyone else in the administration. However, when even Republicans are criticizing the President, it's not easy to keep my fingers quiet. All the same, I'll try to return this blog to its regular shallow programming next week. As in the past few years, this blog will observe a non-partisan day of silence tomorrow.

No comments: