Friday, October 25, 2002

It's all my fault

The other Mods have resurrected this and apparently, I'm last to hop on the bandwagon. Jemima asked why the rebirth and I figure it's because no one has made a BNF quiz at quizilla.com where our names are the answers nor have we been successful at spreading memes throughout fandom despite the 80 million readers who stop by (Why oh why? Don't you love us?). Despite my best efforts, I'm still me.

You Are Seema
You Are Seema
The Nice One. When other mods are losing their heads,
you are being calm, diplomatic and reasonable. You take your
fic seriously, aside from the occasional foray into poolboy fic,
and that was all Lori's fault anyway.
Take the Which Zendom Mod are You? Quiz



In other news, does fandom make anyone else's teeth hurt? I mean, seriously hurt Today, I came very, very close to taking my toys and going home and I've had to hit the delete button many, many times. Better "delete" than "reply" I think - no good comes out of replying, especially when you're debating such deep, philosophical issues such as realism versus unrealism. Bah. Give me a history text any day or something on ERP and I'll be a happy girl. Don't make me think too hard about what's going on - that's what my 800 pages of strategy a night is for, not fic. Some people can read right through and not even think critically about if something makes sense as long as their two favorite characters smooch at the end - I'm not that nice of a person.

I do think anyone can write whatever they want (and I'll gladly support your right to do so, as long as you're not equating freedom of speech with the right to write NC-17 fic, because it's not the same thing and I'll have to hurt you if you do) - but don't tell me to like it when it doesn't fit into my definition of "good." In Seema's world, good fic equals "realistic." I'm a business major - undergrad and graduate both and I need facts and I need numbers; none of this "read between the lines" kind of thing. If I can't believe it, if I can't see it, if I can't understand it, and my brain gets even more twisted up than it already is trying to decipher who is doing what to whom, then it's not realistic and it doesn't fall into my guidelines of "what makes a good fic."

Where are my toothpicks again? Poolboy!

No comments: