Thursday, October 24, 2002

Help!

I've broken my browsers and I don't know what to do. IE went nuts on me yesterday so I had to reinstall 5.5 (I didn't feel like downloading 6.0 and installing that so I just went with the .exe file I already had). Mozilla and Netscape 6.0 both refuse to load images (I've checked the Privacy settings in both browsers and they're set to accept all images - plus, ads show up beautifully. Non-ads however won't show.) and Mozilla now refuses to load pages. I think Mozilla went nuts after Win ME did its background Windows update and figured out that I'm now using Yet Another Browser That Isn't IE. IE, I'd like to point out, is working beautifully except for the fact that it's having a few problems handling flash. Any ideas on what to do here?

I've already reinstalled Mozilla (version 1.1) and I'm holding off on reinstalling Netscape 6.0 as my initial exe file is corrupt anyway and I'm really not wanting to download Netscape 7 (though Jemima says there's a way to get it to act like Mozilla but I'm so not looking forward to having another 80 million AOL icons on my desktop). I also prefer Mozilla's mail client to Netscape's - cosmetic differences, yes, but there are some really awesome things about Mozilla. I'm going nuts, so any help y'all can give would be much appreciated.

In other news, Act of War is the latest story in the "Glory Days" universe.

No comments: