Thursday, March 21, 2002

I'm realizing every day that the Blog World isn't that nice or that friendly. Makes me very, very grateful for the nice little blog circle we've got going here - for some reason, it feels normal, like water-cooler talk, rather than some of the viciousness I've seen in some blogs, from either the blogger or the commentators. I guess when you put your blog out there, you're giving free reign to the world in general to talk back to you - which makes me question what our responsibilities as bloggers really are.

To be honest, I got my blog over a year ago because my brother recommended it and I couldn't fathom what I'd do with it. But it was one of those brother-sister bonding moments as he showed me how to set it up, so I did it. I honestly didn't think anyone would read it, but now my stats show something different. And so yes, I do censor myself to an extent because of that awareness. I really don't want to hear negative comments here - I really don't. I get it enough in real life. I see the blog as a way of occasionally venting, but mostly to document quirky things in life or my occasional thoughts on fandom. In the end, this is all about me, and maybe that's egotistical, but hey - blogging is inherently that. Why would we put these things out there if we didn't want other people to know what we thought?

I am, however, slightly concerned about Lori and her Russian mafia thing though.

No comments: