Thursday, August 25, 2005

Things to read!

Some links I collected over the last few days that some of you might find interesting.

I've developed an obsession with Everest lately, and high altitude mountaineering in general. If you haven't already, I recommend Jon Krakauer's "Into Thin Air", but you can also read about the ill-fated 1996 Everest Expedition here, including the lengthy article that eventually became "Into Thin Air" and the dispatches filed from base camp and other articles.

Apparently, August 31 is blog day. I've got to find five blogs to recommend. If you have any ideas, email me or post a comment.

Does FOX News have any bearing on the outcome of the elections? Apparently not, according to this NY Times article. It also fits in with my current media theory, which I will expand up on a day that is not today.

No comments: