Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Your taxpayer dollars at work

Head's up credit for the following goes to Jessica, but Virginians who didn't know it, Governor Warner is a poet! Check out his commemoration on the occasion of his signing House Bill 2579:

I took some grief for my nudist park pun.
But resist I cannot on this one.
I will sign this bill,
more or less of free will.
But I can't do it without having some fun.

We have a state dog and a fish and a bird.
And of the fossil I’m sure you have heard.
So why not a bat?
What's wrong with that?
The state beverage is no more absurd.

Upon my signature now it appears,
The designation will now last for years.
I'll spare you the Latin
If you're seeking the bat in
A guidebook, it's the one with big ears.

I think our bat's up to the test.
If you doubt it, just ask Adam West.
He was TV's Bruce Wayne --
the caped crusader's real name --
and could 'Zap!' and 'Kapow!' with the best.


The poem and summary of the bill can be found here. Now, to find out what a big eared bat looks like...

No comments: