Monday, March 07, 2005

How you got here

I'm always amused by my stats (unless you're a livecam! Then I want no part of you! I don't care how fun you are, Miriam!). But here is a rundown of some of the search terms people use to find this blog:

  • Sidney Lindsey Greenbush -- this is a favorite. I had NO idea just how much interest there were in the twins who played Carrie on "Little House on the Prairie" until I blogged about them.
  • Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen -- I blogged about these media moguls once -- once! -- in the spring of 2001 and since then, people keep coming; I'm afraid they must be sorely, sorely disappointed when instead finding dirt on gossip-worthy blond rich girls, they get me. Sorry!
  • IKEA -- believe it or not, I'm not the only one who has trouble putting together IKEA furniture as my logs bear testament that there are many, many people out there searching for a way to assemble their flat furniture into something they can use. I feel your pain!
  • How to put a futon together -- Uh... see above.

Other search terms that come up usually have to do with 'royal' subjects: The Reluctant Queen, Jean Plaidy, Plantagenets, and Royal Blood; amazingly, Star Trek hardly comes up at all.

Confidential to Kite Runner readers: Don't pass go, don't collect $200, just read the book already.

Confidential to blogger Clorox MBA: yes, an MBA program will make a blogger out of you, but stay away from the Clorox! You're paying good money for the stuff they're putting into your brain!

Confidential to google searcher: Sarah Jessica Parker weighs a lot less than either you or me. Unless you're five. In which case, you have permission to weigh less than SJP.

No comments: