Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Points to ponder

After all the recent discussion about feminism, you'd think I'd be more in accordance with Maureen Dowd's shrill rant about the need for more female columnists. And then there's the propose bloghercon. Maybe I got all discussed out when it came to feminism, but somehow I can't get myself up all wound up about either issue. Two of my favorite columnists -- Ellen Goodman and Anna Quindlan -- are women and I don't read any blogs written by men*. Frankly, I'm more concerned about women in the workplace and the glass ceiling and how to juggle family life with career and higher education than I am about whether women in the blogosphere have enough visibility or not.

* It's just coincidence, not any feminism man-hating principle, that I don't have any male blogs on my reading list. The answer to your question is quite simple: most men don't blog about anything I am remotely interested in.

No comments: