Monday, September 20, 2004

My favorite things

What are your favorite things? Here are a few of mine, because some days, it's nice to think of the things that make you happy:

  • A good, book that makes me want to curl up in bed and stay up just a little longer to read more
  • Fresh coffee
  • Comfortable shoes
  • Trying a new restaurant and discovering that I really, really, really like it
  • Those spurts of creativity when writing just seems so 'easy'
  • An unexpected phone call from a friend/family member whose voice I haven't heard in a long time
  • Skirts and dresses -- I love wearing them, especially since they are easier to iron than pants
  • Funny people are always nice to be around because they make me laugh and I'm always in awe of their wit and how clever they are
  • A 'fresh' episode of one of my favorite television shows. I don't have many so I definitely appreciate when something new comes along!
  • Waking up in the morning and feeling 'wide awake' rather than sleepy and cranky.

So, these are just a few of my favorite things. Hopefully I will have more to share with you later. But for now, I must indulge in what is probably my most favorite thing of all: a good night's sleep.

No comments: